? ??????????????Spring Is Here!? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.5 (2 Ratings)??15 Grabs Today. 259 Total Grabs.
??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Tartan Love? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??14 Grabs Today. 937 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Look to The Stars? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Sunday, August 3, 2008

I wish for my daddy to be safe and come home soon!





Ashlynn turned 6!! This picture was taken 1 hour before we were all in the car taking Braum to his bus for his trip to Iraq. (Happy birthday Ash). He didn't leave until 9 pm, so at least we had the whole day with him. We are on day one with his 4 1/2 month trip and counting. I feel blessed that it is not 15 months, which so many families get separated for, including the unit he is joining over there. They have all been gone since September 07! The thought of that makes me sick to my stomach! In the last week I realized that this is not just a TDY to Ft. Rucker Alabama, here in the states. He is actually going to war. Packing up his bullet proof vest with helmet and having to fill out a sheet of paper asking questions of addresses and contacts that I hope nobody has to open a file cabinet to get the answers too was probably my reality check. Those who are not thankful for what the military and their families do make me sick!! After saying that; I know we will be fine - God is great! One day at a time, and one is already (almost) gone. :)

2 comments:

Erica and Geoff said...

Wee...Katie you made me cry. Hang in there all of you. I may not be next door anymore but just a phone call away. I am DREADING this day for us so much. Just think the clock is ticking and you made it this long before. The pictures are great. Miss you lots.

Lance and Michelle said...

Wow, Katie, i love you.
You stay strong and know your best friend loves you and will be here for you always and forever. God will take care of him and yes people that have no pride in our soldiers and our great America....suck!!!!
Amen to that
i know Braum will be safe and he will return to his beautiful family. He wouldn't want anything more.
Keep breathing and know i love ya