? ??????????????Spring Is Here!? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.5 (2 Ratings)??15 Grabs Today. 259 Total Grabs.
??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Tartan Love? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (2 Ratings)??14 Grabs Today. 937 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Look to The Stars? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Monday, October 27, 2008

13.1 miles



I would like to thank first my husband for always believing in me and supporting my dreams of the half marathon, I thought of him often during my training on how he would not of let me quit. I would like to thank Ms. Robin Burcham for giving my best friend the idea on her death bed that running a marathon would be a great idea, and Michelle for encouraging me to do it because she had already paid for her ticket to come and see me and if she could do a 26.2 I could run a measly 13.1 miles. I would like to thank my mom for calling me after every long run on my training runs to see if I made it or was killed over on the trail. But mostly I would like to thank my idiotic dog - who pulled me and the stroller to a faster speed and wouldn't let me stop or I would fall straight on my face. And God - thank you for keeping me healthy and listening to all my prayers as I wondered why each miles was longer than the last.

Running a half marathon is much better now that I have done it and don't have to think about doing it. I would make myself laugh when I ran thinking of what my exceptance speech would be if I had finished - so I promised myself if I finish it without stopping I would blog it - taking all bad words out of course. I ran the 13.1 in 2 hours and 10 min. without stopping. To do a run like this was really all the hype people put it out to be - it was an amazing experience - I would be sad if I didn't do another one. There was 9000 people in all that ran, some doing a full marathon and some doing a 5k. - it went through Kansas City with bands playing and tons of people out cheering you on. It takes 10 weeks to train if you can run 3 miles now - if you can't run 3 now you have plenty enough time to get there before next summer. Seriously, if I can do it.......... (luv ya Shell)

6 comments:

G and G (Victor/ Cindy) said...

AWESOME! You win the prize for sure --- training by yourself, putting up with your "dog helper" (jumping out of windows, etc) and RUNNING the whole 13.2 - wow - impressive..... Hats off to ya, girl! Now you have to keep up the training and convince your brothers to run one with you next summer!! Love you all

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!. We are so proud of you, (as always). You are so special to me and one of the bright and shining stars in my life. I love you.. Aunt Valli

ah64b2b@yahoo.com said...

All that while taking care of 4 kids, a dog, a new house and growing grass. I'm one lucky guy to have such a great woman that can do it all. I'm proud of you, next is a marathon. Love you, miss you!

Erica and Geoff said...

Katie, I am so proud of you. You do inspire me for sure. Maybe next year while Geoff is gone, I will get the courage now to do it too...only if you do it with me of course. Miss you tons and will call ya this weekend. High fives! Erica

Unknown said...

Way to go Katie!!!

Jamie said...

WOW Katie you rock!! I will have to tell my Dad he wil be so impressed. He still runs 8-10 miles a day.